Michigan Business Transaction Attorneys
The attorneys at Myers & Myers, PLLC represent businesses and entrepreneurs in issues ranging from formation of business entities, to operating agreements, to advising the business in ongoing operations, to commercial litigation.
The following are examples of legal issues on which we regularly assist business clients:
- Consulting with the client as to the type of corporate form that is best suited for the organization
- Establishing or creating the business entity, whether it is a limited liability company (LLC), S corporation, C corporation or partnership
- Preparing the articles of organization and operating agreement for an LLC
- Writing bylaws, articles of incorporation and statement of incorporator for a corporation
- Advising officers and directors on liability issues
- Attending meetings and preparing minutes
- Serving as general legal counsel for the business entity
- Drafting employee handbooks and policies
- Drafting employment contracts for senior management
- Drafting buy-sell agreements for business owners
- Drafting and reviewing leases for everything from office equipment to factories and office buildings
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Assuring security in transactions to adequately protect a business providing goods to a third party
- Reviewing existing operating agreements
- Dispute Resolution
- Providing litigation services for issues ranging from partnership and shareholder disputes, to construction disputes, to breach of contract claims, to unfair competition claims
- Representing the business before zoning boards of appeal and planning commissions
- Representing the business before state regulatory agencies
- Performing environmental due diligence and analyzing entity and officer liability for environmental issues
- Negotiating environmental risk allocation in transaction agreements
- Preparing and enforcing financing statements (called UCC-1 forms in Michigan)
Learn more about our firm.
Meet our attorneys.
Read frequently asked questions about business organizations and transactions.
To speak to an attorney at Myers & Myers, PLLC, about operating agreements or other business law issues: fill out the contact form on this site. From our office in Livingston County, centrally located between Lansing and Detroit, we are able to serve clients throughout Michigan.