Alexander R. Reuter
- Senior Counsel
Alex is an experienced litigator, specializing in all areas of business, real estate, and commercial litigation. Much of Alex’s work focuses on complex zoning and land use cases and he has successfully represented both individuals and developers, appearing before municipalities and agency boards, and on appeal to both the circuit courts and the Michigan Court of Appeals. He has represented a variety of clients, including individuals, nonprofits, and religious institutions, in federal courts across the nation in cases involving constitutional and federal law violations against municipalities, and has appeared in cases in the federal courts of Michigan, New York, Kansas, Florida, and Texas. Alex also specializes in corporate and other business-related matters, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, and business formation and succession planning.
In 2019, 2020, and 2021 Alex was named a “Rising Star” by Michigan Super Lawyers, which is an exclusive list of top-rated attorneys selected after being nominated by their peers and evaluated under numerous criteria. He graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he earned awards in the areas of Contract Law, Trial Practice and First Amendment. Prior to law school, Alex attended the University of Concordia, Ann Arbor, where he graduated with honors, earned the Distinguished Scholar Award, and was named an Academic All-American while playing for the Concordia Cardinals baseball team.
Alex returns to Myers & Myers after practicing law in Downtown Detroit. His extensive experience successfully handling a variety of multifaceted real estate, commercial, and constitutional matters enables him to provide his clients with representation at the highest level.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Corporate Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Concordia University
- Matthew Town v Twp of Mayfield, ___NW2d___; 2020 Mich. App. LEXIS 7570, at *1 (Ct App, Nov. 12, 2020).
- Lunch with a Lawyer, UDM School of Law, 2021
- Zoning and Land Use Laws for Civil Engineers and Professional Surveyors, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Oakland County Municipal Law Committee Member
- HOA Board Member