Your Experienced Litigation, Real Estate, and Business Law Firm
Kelly A. Myers is the Managing Member of Myers & Myers, PLLC. She has a comprehensive real estate and business practice representing investors, lenders, developers, owners, and operators in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions and litigation. She also counsels corporate and business clients in business entity formation, joint ventures, succession planning, acquisitions and sales, and financing transactions.
Kelly serves on the Board of Directors of Fentura Financial, Inc. and The State Bank. She was appointed to the Michigan Land Title Standards Committee in 2008 and served as Secretary from 2017 – 2021. Kelly was elected Chair of the Committee in 2021. She serves on the Legislation and Decisions Committee of the Michigan Real Property Law Section.
Kelly is an avid volunteer. She serves on various boards and lends her voice and expertise to various professional and community organizations. Kelly enjoys spending time with her family and doodles, traveling, and skiing.
Areas of Practice
- Banking and Finance
- Banking and Loan Enforcement Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Formation and Transactions
- Creditor Rights/Creditor Bankruptcy
- Distressed Company Work-Outs
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions; Commercial and Residential
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude – 1993
- University of Detroit, Detroit, MI
- Master of Business Administration – 1993
- Alma College, Alma, MI
- Bachelor of Arts – 1990
- Major: History and Business – Pre-Law Emphasis
- Michigan, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2002
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- “Land Title Standards,” Michigan Real Property Law Section Summer Conference, 2022
- “Obscure Sections of the Land Title Standards,” Michigan Real Property Law Section Summer Conference, 2021
- “Legal Issues in Loan Documentation”, Michigan Banker’s Association, 05/08/2012
- “Judgment Enforcement” , Lorman Education Services, 2011 to 2011
- “Earmarking Issues Arising with New Mortgages and the New Bankruptcy Code”, Michigan Real Property Law Section of Michigan, “Groundbreaker” Breakfast Roundtable, 2008 to 2008
- “Foreclosure and Leasing Liability”, Michigan Association of REALTORS, Broker Summit Conference, 2008 to 2008
- “Lease Purchase: What are the Options?”, Home Builders of Livingston County, 2007 to 2007
- “Real Property: Avoidance and Defenses,” Federal Bar Association, W.D. Michigan, 2007 to 2007
- “Litigation Skills Consumer: Valuation, Evidence, Burden of Proof,” American Bankruptcy Institute, 2007 to 2007
- “Professional Retention and Compensation Issues in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Cases,” American Bankruptcy Institute, 2004 to 2004
- “Selected Topics in Structuring and Operating a Business in Michigan,” Lorman Education Services, 2003 to 2003
- “Loan Workout and Collateral Liquidation in Michigan,” Lorman Education Services, 2002 to 2002
- Computer Business World v. Jamil (In re Walter Jamil and Eugene Thomas), 409 B.R. 866, 2009, Bankr. E.D. Mich
- Lim v. Chase Home Finance, LLC, et al. (In re Comps), 334 B.R. 235, 2005, Bankr. E.D. Mich.
- Encore Credit Corp. v. Lim (In re Young), 2007 WL 2221399, 2007, E.D. Mich.
- Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp. v. Shapiro (In re Lee), 339 B.R. 165, 2006, E.D. Mich.
- Adams Outdoor Advertising v. City of Lansing, 463 Mich. 17, 614 N.W.2d 634, 2000
- Oakland County Treasurer v. Title Office, Inc., 245 Mich. App. 196, 627 N.W.2d 317, 2001
- Meoli v. Heartwell Mortgage Corp., et al. (In re Hoggard), 330 B.R. 595, 2005, Bankr. W.D. Mich.
- Gold v. New Century Mortgage Corp. (In re Salinitro), 355 B.R. 15, 2006, Bankr. E.D. Mich.
- Camacho v. HomEq Servicing Corp. (In re Camacho), 311 B.R. 186, 2004, Bankr. E.D. Mich.
- Kohut v. Wells Fargo Bank (In re Pankey), 2007 WL 2141949, 2007, Bankr. E.D. Mich.
- Lim v. New Century Mortgage (In re Grelik), 2007 WL 1062914, 2007, Bankr. E.D. Mich.
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Michigan Land Title Standards Committee, Chair (2021-current), Secretary (2017 – 2021), Member (2008 – current).
- Livingston County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Bankers Association, Member
- Fentura Financial, Inc., Board of Directors
- The State Bank, Board of Directors
- Livingston Arts Council, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Law Section, Legislative Committee