Litigation & Trial Services
Michigan Trial Attorneys
The law firm of Myers & Myers, PLLC is known for its trial services. Our lawyers regularly handle complex litigation in all of our core practice areas, including real estate, zoning and land use, creditors’ rights and business issues.
Our attorneys have tried numerous cases in state and federal court, including state Circuit Courts, the U.S. District Courts and U.S. Bankruptcy Courts; and have argued cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court, and the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. The scope of our trial services also includes the representation of clients in complex binding arbitration proceedings through the American Arbitration Association. Our trial services routinely entail the representation of national and local lenders, real estate developers, builders, title companies, associations and businesses.
Since our attorneys perform transactions in all of the areas we litigate, we are intimately aware of the legal issues involved at the trial and appellate levels. The following are examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Disputes between business partners
- Disputes between the purchaser and seller of a business
- Creditors’ rights and adversary proceedings before the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
- Construction law disputes ranging from breach of contract claims, construction lien litigation, and lawsuits to collect payment
- Real estate litigation ranging from boundary line disputes to enforcement of purchase agreements
- Landlord/Tenant litigation and lease disputes
- Representation of lenders in civil claims involving the federal Truth In Lending Act (TILA) and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Representation of lenders in civil claims alleging mortgage fraud
- Zoning and land use litigation against local, county and state government agencies
- Commercial litigation regarding the sale of goods or services
- Defense of businesses in claims under the Michigan Consumer Protection Act
- Appeals of lower court decisions
Learn more about our firm.
Meet our attorneys.
To speak to a trial attorney at Myers & Myers, PLLC — fill out the contact form on this site. From our office in Livingston County, centrally located between Lansing and Detroit, we are able to serve clients throughout Michigan.