Litigation And Trial Services
The experienced trial attorneys at Myers & Myers stand ready to walk clients through all states of pre-litigation and litigation including appeals, to protect their rights and meet their unique goals. Our lawyers regularly handle litigation in all of our core practice areas, including real estate, zoning and land use, creditors’ rights, business, environmental, and employment. Below is a brief description of common topics addressed by our litigation and trial services. Give us a call at 517-540-1700 or submit a request for an appointment today to find out how we can help you.
Litigation And Insurance Defense
Myers & Myers attorneys have tried numerous cases in state and federal court, including state circuit courts, the U.S. District Courts and U.S. Bankruptcy Courts; and have argued cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court, and the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. Our attorneys are also admitted to practice in California and the Federal Courts in Ohio and have been admitted pro hac vice for various matters throughout the country. We routinely represent national and local lenders, real estate developers, builders, title companies, associations, employers, and businesses of all kinds. Myers & Myers is also experienced with insurance defense cases, including employment insurance, and works closely with the insurance companies to meet their needs as litigation develops.
Whether defending a win or pursuing a reversal of a wrong decision, Myers & Myers is experienced in handling appeals before a variety of courts, including the Michigan Courts of Appeal, the Michigan Supreme Court, and the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. We are familiar with the strict requirements that different appellate courts apply to cases and can even step into a case after a trial court ruling for the sole purpose of handling the appeal.
At Myers & Myers, we can help you with a wide variety of litigation matters, including:
- Appeal pursuit of lower court decisions
- Commercial litigation
- Construction law disputes
- Creditors’ rights and adversary proceedings before the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
- Defense of businesses in claims under the Michigan Consumer Protection Act
- Disputes between business partners or shareholders
- Disputes between the purchaser and seller of a business
- Employment disputes
- Enforcement or disputes of contracts
- Environmental litigation
- Landlord/Tenant litigation and lease disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Representation of lenders in civil claims alleging mortgage fraud
- Representation of lenders in civil claims involving the federal Truth In Lending Act (TILA) and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Zoning and land use issues
To speak to a trial attorney at Myers & Myers, PLLC — fill out the contact form on this site. Our firm serves individuals and businesses throughout Michigan including Brighton, Howell and all of Livingston County.